Re: agreeing about a mere creation?

From: gordon brown <gbrown@euclid.colorado.edu>
Date: Thu Aug 04 2005 - 16:08:33 EDT

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005, Craig Rusbult wrote:

> Therefore, a proponent of old-earth creation (or young-earth creation)
> should be willing to praise God for designing a universe that was totally
> self-assembling by natural process, with no formative miracles, in case
> this is how He did it. Similarly, a proponent of evolutionary creation
> should be willing to praise God for using both modes of creative action,
> for cleverly designing nature to produce most phenomena without miracles,
> and for powerfully doing miracles when natural process was not sufficient,
> since this might be the way He did it.

I don't know whether others would read this the same way as I do, but
might this suggest that God does miracles when he can't think of another
way? Miracles seem to have special purposes such as to authenticate the
credentials of the one who does them.

Gordon Brown
Department of Mathematics
University of Colorado