Re: Stereotypes and reputations

From: Pim van Meurs <pimvanmeurs@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Aug 02 2005 - 23:25:47 EDT

Glenn Morton wrote:

> */Cornelius Hunter <ghunter2099@sbcglobal.net>/* wrote:
>
> The placentals and marsupials are another example of the incredible
> convergence we find in biology. And the thylacine (marsupial) and
> grey wolf
> (placental) are examples from within the placental and marsupial
> lineages.
> If evolution and CD are true, then the story goes like this. A
> long time
> ago, a small rodent something like a mouse or shrew split into two
> lineages
> which would become the placental and marsupial lineages. Those two
> lineages,
> over millions of years and in different corners of the earth would
> produce
> the same designs over and over. Cats, rats, mice, anteaters, flying
> squirrels, and yes, the wolf, just to name a few. How could
> random, unguided
> mutations lead to these same designs over and over?
>
> GRM: Two things. First, they are not exactly the same design.
> You are entirely wrong. Their skeletons are different enough so
> that one can tell a marsupial thylacine from a wolf (although
> admittedly most anti-evolutionists dpn't have the knowledge to
> know that). Secondly, since they are SIMILAR (but not exactly the
> same pattern), this is easily accomplished by iterative, nonlinear
> mathematical systems. You can see this in a system I discovered by
> accident at http://home.entouch.net/dmd/nonlin.htm

> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=34442/*http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs>

Even the skeletons for the head show significant difference. I
understand that during a San Francisco meeting, Hunter presented two
pictures of the placental and mammal wolf but somehow got the pictures
mixed up, showing two pictures of the wolf.
The two may appear to be similar but to the trained eye, and I am hardly
such, the differences are quite extensive. Even I can see the
differences when studying the two head skeletons side by side.