Re: Moorad's comment is sound

From: <>
Date: Thu Jun 30 2005 - 18:59:07 EDT

On 6/30/05, <> wrote:

> I don't know that's well known. What is known and resisted in academia is
> the fact that IQ is heritable. It is but they've been fighting that reality
> for a century. The reason they give is that they don't want any one group to
> claim superiority based on mean IQ, but one group is superior based on mean
> IQ and the bible calls them "chosen." What the bible means is "selected."

Note the earmarks of being chosen [emphasis mine]
Deut. 7:7-16
 7 The LORD did not set his affection on you and choose you because you were
more numerous than other peoples, for you were the fewest of all peoples. 8
But it was because the LORD loved you and kept the oath he swore to your
forefathers that he brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the land
of slavery, from the power of Pharaoh king of Egypt. 9 Know therefore that
the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love
to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands. 10 But
       those who hate him he will repay to their face by destruction;
       he will not be slow to repay to their face those who hate him.
    11 Therefore, take care to follow the commands, decrees and laws I give
you today.

    12 If you pay attention to these laws and are careful to follow them,
then the LORD your God will keep his covenant of love with you, as he swore to
your forefathers. 13 He will love you and bless you and increase your numbers.
He will bless the fruit of your womb, the crops of your land—your grain, new
wine and oil—the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks in the land
that he swore to your forefathers to give you. 14 You will be blessed more than
any other people; none of your men or women will be childless, nor any of
your livestock without young. 15 The LORD will keep you free from every disease.
He will not inflict on you the horrible diseases you knew in Egypt, but he
will inflict them on all who hate you. 16 You must destroy all the peoples the
LORD your God gives over to you. Do not look on them with pity and do not serve
their gods, for that will be a snare to you.

rich f.
But the Israelites are constantly backsliding and failing to keep God's laws
throughout the Bible, aren't they. Note the Lord says "if."
And they do have the highest birth rates in the world. Israel has more
fertility clinics than any country in the world.

rich b.

So, how come the "apostate" Jews have lower disease rates and lose fewer
children to LSD than the "orthodox" Jews?

rich f.

Do they really have lower disease rates? How many orthodox Jews have HIV in
comparison to non orthodox gay Jews? Are you only looking at these specific
genetic diseases to make your comparison or disease overall? Consider disease
overall and you're wrong. There is an epidemic of sexually transmitted diseases
in the US today. I doubt orthodox Jewish communities are as seriously impacted
as the general population and remember the Lord says "if" you follow the Law
you will be free of disease. Do they fully comply with the law? Are they living
saints totally doing God's will? No, and in turn God qualifies his goodness
based on your behavior, does he not?

rich b.
Further, 1 Cor. 1 seems to indicate that God doesn't select for intelligence:
 26Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you
were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble
birth. 27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God
chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28He chose the lowly
things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to
nullify the things that are, 29so that no one may boast before him. 30It is
because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—
that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. 31Therefore, as it is
written: "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."

rich f.
Paul's in Corinth. The Jews early on rejected Paul in Corinth except for a
few like Apollos. Paul is writing to a gentile Christian community who do not
know the secrets of Jewish success. The Kabbalists know the secrets and write
that the secret of nature is in genesis (Adolph Francke) and that it should
never be fully divulged except to the most brilliant torah scholars.

The difference between Jewish tribal breeding and Christian agape is
precisely in the refusal to recognize the Jewish priestly bloodlines.
Hebrews 7:11
"Now if perfection had been attainable through the Levitical priesthood (for
it is on this basis that the people were given the Law), what further need
would there have been to speak of another priest arising, in the succession of
Melchizedek, instead of the succession of Aaron?"

The Jews are a nation of priests with ancient bloodlines.

Here is what they say about their blood:

The kohen, or priest, was historically the chief religious functionary of the
Jewish people. It was understood that Judaism could not survive without the
kohen and the detailed laws of tradition. Since the laws required meticulous
concern for tradition, the stability of an hereditary priesthood was
indispensable. The purity of the kohen’s heredity has guaranteed the purity of his
heritage.” Maurice Lamm, The Jewish Way in Love and Marriage (San Francisco: Harper
& Row, 1980) p. 85

These lines from Maurice Lamm’s The Jewish Way in Love and Marriage indicate
the Jews themselves trust their religious heritage to the purity of a kohen’s

"As the sacrifice he offered could have no blemish, the kohen himself could
have no blemish. Thus to maintain the purity of his lineage he was kept to
stricter marriage standards than his Jewish brothers.” ibid

In order to select for a specific trait you have to have genetic isolation.
Genetic isolation is the sine qua non of Jewish religious heritage if we take
Lamm on his word and I don't know why we wouldn't. His brother, past president
of Yeshiva University does.

rich faussette
Received on Thu Jun 30 19:00:31 2005

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.8 : Thu Jun 30 2005 - 19:00:32 EDT