Re: YEC refutation

From: Ted Davis <>
Date: Tue Jun 14 2005 - 13:59:49 EDT

Carol or John Burgeson <> wrote:
One such argument goes something like this:

1. Almanacs give data on coal and oil production over the past -- say --
100 years.

2. This is business data. It is verifiable. Factual. No arguments

3. All coal and oil deposits ever found and analyzed show that they
originate with organic (pre-living) plants and animals. No exceptions.

Ted replies:
Burgy, it is my understanding that part of the "RATE" initiative from
Answers in Genesis, will be the claim that "fossil fuels" do not necessarily
have an organic origin. I don't know the details, but my understanding is
that they will pick up on things such as the extra-terrestrial presence of
methane, to argue that there can be/are inorganic processes that can/do
produce "fossil fuels." As I say, I haven't seen the details, but I'm
pretty sure they're coming. I'd be suprised if they're right, but they're