Fallacy of the overlooked middle

From: Carol or John Burgeson <burgytwo@juno.com>
Date: Fri Jun 10 2005 - 10:29:12 EDT

Moorad wrote: "I will place my bet with intelligent design anytime
against accidentally occurring. In either case, the underlying laws that
allow the universe to be "accidentally" occurring are themselves
designed. As I said before, ""There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is designed. The other is as though everything
is designed."

And I will agree with you -- but ONLY if these are the only two options
on the table. Of course, they are not.

(recent review of Scott's book, Creationism ve Evolution)