Re: Fly Gene

From: Bill Dozier <wddozier@mac.com>
Date: Wed Jun 08 2005 - 08:06:09 EDT

On Jun 6, 2005, at 12:34 PM, Dr. David Campbell wrote:
> At the same time, genes undoubtably have extensive influences on our
> behavior. Christianity asserts that humans have an innate inclination
> to do wrong, so having a genetic inclination is certainly not proof
> that something is OK.

Yes, indeed. We may each have all manner of particular weaknesses,
but they are all simply instances of our general weakness. I don't
see any reason to view the discovery of a genetic component
separately from the larger theodicy question.

--
Bill Dozier
"let me tell you, if have the slightest headache, Spongebobís laugh