Paul Johnson on the Existence of God

From: Preston Garrison <>
Date: Wed Jun 08 2005 - 03:50:46 EDT

The British journalist/historian Paul Johnson has a column in the
latest Forbes in which he takes a position like I.D., but without
mentioning the I.D. movement.

He picks the Big Bang, or what preceded it, the inadequacy of natural
selection to account for all of evolution, and the emergence of
language in humans as points that scientific explanations are
inadequate or impossible, and thus implying some direct divine
action. I report this for whoever might be interested. He refers to
Richard J. Bird's "Chaos and Life" (Columbia University Press) in
connection with the supposed inadequacy of natural selection. Has
anyone read it?

Preston G.

Preston Garrison, Ph.D.
Biochem. Dept. MSC 7760            Insert the usual disclaimers here.
7703 Floyd Curl Dr.
San Antonio, TX 78229-3900