Washington Post makes agenda for science crystal clear

From: Denyse O'Leary <oleary@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri Jun 03 2005 - 07:00:10 EDT

Huh? Has Christmas come early? This Washington Post editorial is a gift to
me because it illustrates precisely what I am trying to say about the way
that science has become the Church of Carl Sagan and Richard Dawkins. The
editorialist notes,

"While "The Privileged Planet" is an extremely sophisticated religious film,
it is a religious film nevertheless. It uses scientific information -- the
apparently "perfect" position of Earth in its orbit and in its galaxy, the
uniqueness of its atmosphere -- to answer, affirmatively, the philosophical
question of whether life on Earth was part of a grand design, and not just
the result of chance and chemistry. Neither God nor evolution is mentioned.
Nevertheless, the film is consistent with the Discovery Institute's general
aim, which is to drive a wedge into the scientific consensus about the
origins of life and the universe and to give a patina of scientific
credibility to the idea of an intelligent creator."

O'Leary links and comments at

http://post-darwinist.blogspot.com/

--
Read brief excerpts from my book, By Design or by Chance?: The Growing
Controversy On the Origins of Life in the Universe (Augsburg Fortress, 2004)
at
http://www.designorchance.com/press.html
Study Guide:
http://www.arn.org/arnproducts/books/b088sk.htm
Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0806651776/qid=1109790930/sr=8
-1/ref=pd_csp_1/104-8617533-8799957?v=glance&s=books&n=507846
My blog:
http://post-darwinist.blogspot.com/
(go to other blogs from here)
Denyse O'Leary