Re: Non-truths that do not transform

From: <Dawsonzhu@aol.com>
Date: Thu Apr 28 2005 - 21:12:02 EDT

Vernon,

You are of course welcome to believe what you want
to believe, but you offer Chris no explaination for
the difficulties he is in. He has look at the stars,
you have not. He has pondered the stars according to
their ways, you have not. It has mulled over how they
could come together, and how God, in His infinite and
unfathomable ways has made these wonders of heaven.

Surely, Chris has considered on at least one or two
occassions to "just believe"; he is a Christian
and believes in the resurrection. If you were asking
him to endure hardship of persecution for being morally
upright, or being a just man, you can say, "just believe".

But science is about truth that can be obtained from the
real world. Chris (or his collegues) are able to predict
exactly how the heavens move and can estimate with suffient
accuracy how to send a satelite to any planet or moon in the
solar system. Yet you claim that somehow, 6000 years ago,
we have to stop. Why?

King David wrote in Psalm 19:
1. The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
(Except the YEC who say that we must believe
in a capricious world where God does things
on fiat and makes seamless transitions so that
people who study his world cannot understand
it or make any estimation about it.)

2. Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they display knowledge.
(knowledge of ICR nonsense, what is this???)

3. There is no speech or language
where their voice is not heard
(except at AiG and ICR because they ignore the
data from the heavens and the earth.)

4. Their voice goes out into all the earth,
their words to the endes of the world.
(except the soundproof, data proof, fact proof
impenetrable minds of concrete, all mixed up an
permanently set, chambers of YEC cells.)

Vernon, you really have not answered Chris' question
at all. You must explain to him why he should believe
your view. He has posed to you problems, and you have
not offered any explanation that can reconcile him with
the data he has. You must do that, or you have nothing
to say.

By Grace alone we proceed,
Wayne
Veron wrote:
As Christians,
we assume that God made the universe, and that we
are a product of His making. We scientist simply
look at the "how did God make us question".

The bible is about the truth