Re: definition of science

From: Don Winterstein <dfwinterstein@msn.com>
Date: Thu Apr 28 2005 - 04:02:36 EDT

"...The shift to a Riemannian geometry because of the inclusion of time is not necessarily that simple...."

You're right, Einstein needed a kind of 4-D space that could locally change shape.

"As to why simplicity, the answer that immediately suggests itself is that that is all the human intellect can grasp."

Perhaps we've beaten this almost to death; but what I hear Einstein saying is that the simplest math is not just what is comprehensible to human minds but is what the world precisely fits. Measurements support the precision of fit. He's making a statement about how the world is made.

Don