Re: New Pope on Darwinism

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Wed Apr 27 2005 - 20:02:48 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carol or John Burgeson" <burgytwo@juno.com>
To: <asa@calvin.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 9:55 AM
Subject: New Pope on Darwinism

> George commented: "Maybe you ought to consider the possibility that some
> of the people with "dog collars" who support good science education &
> oppose things like ID
> actually know something about theology."
>
> I'm not sure exactly what George is referring to here -- but I agree with
> him. Euginie Scott is certainly one (not the she wears a dog collar).
>
> I just sent my review of Scott's latest book, EVOLUTION AND CREATIONISM,
> off to Richard Ruble for PERSPECTIVES. A copy appears on my web site at
>
> www.burgy.50megs.com/scott.htm
>
> Scott writes in this book of religious views, and seems, for a non-C, to
> understand them quite well. Which, for most non-Cs, is rare.

I was responding to Denyse's snide remark about those with "dog collars"
associated with NCSE but my comment wasn't limited to clergy with that
connection. I was referring to all clergy (including myself) who have some
theological competence & are in favor of good science education & realize
that Christians need not oppose evolution. Of course I don't mean that I
agree with the views of all in that category.

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/