Re: ICR's ACTS & FACTS for May, 2005

From: Carol or John Burgeson <burgytwo@juno.com>
Date: Wed Apr 27 2005 - 18:50:22 EDT

Michael Roberts posted a good commentary today on Bergman's ICR article.
He wrote, in part:

"I said I would reply to Bergman on Darwin's sadistic bent when I read
the
Impact article. It is now available on the ICR website and having read it
must award Bergman very high marks for dishonesty. It is sheer vitriol
and
simply misrepresents Darwin. Bergman may have nine degrees but he would
do
better to follow the ninth commandment."

I appreciate the analysis. ICR often (not as often as AIG, IMHO) engages
in ad hominem arguments to persuade the gullible of their thesis. It
appears this is yet another in the series. "There you go again, Jerry
Bergman." <G>

Of course, even assuming Bergman is 100% correct in his assessment of
Darwin, that would have absolutely no bearing on the results of his
research, nor on the truth of evolution, I remember reading an article on
Hitler as a boy of about 6 or 7. The author described how Hitler sat on a
park bench with him and fed the squirrels. At first I decided that
feeding squirrels was a "bad" thing! After all, Hitler did it and he was
a "bad man." My esteemed father soon straightened me out!

The gullible reading ICRs propaganda have, perhaps, never grown up.

Thanks, Michael.

Burgy