Re: Non-truths that do not transform

From: Vernon Jenkins <vernon.jenkins@virgin.net>
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 19:16:08 EDT

Michael,

You must by now know that my overall thesis is simply this: methodological naturalism cannot be considered a complete and satisfactory basis for the study of matters which - deliberately, or otherwise - demand a rewrite of divine revelation, for the simple reason that the latter (the 'sword of the Spirit') involves the supernatural and the promise of spiritual conflict. I have drawn attention to Ephesians 6:10-18, believing that _all_ Christians necessarily accept the Apostle's words as true - particularly as they see them confirmed in their own lives. How my efforts to alert fellow members of this forum to these fundamental realities can be interpreted as a belief that they are _devil worshippers_, is completely beyond me. Some further words of explanation would be appreciated.

You further suggest that there are many parts of the Bible I need to read. I'm sure you are correct. However, I would welcome a list of those you particularly have in mind.

Vernon

PS I shall be addressing the vexed question of 'apparent age' in a separate posting.