Re: New Pope on Darwinism - NO!

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 14:54:52 EDT

Rich -

You really ought ot distinguish between "dealing with evolution" and "dealing with evolution as Rich Faussette does." A number of people on this list (myself, other contributors to Perspectives on an Evolving Creation, Glenn Morton, Dick Fischer e.g.) as well as theologians who don't participate here have dealt with evolution in ways that are more profound than simply saying that Christianity isn't in conflict with evolution. I don't agree with them all & I know you don't but that's another matter. It simply isn't true that you're the only person here who tries to deal with evolution & theology in a way that goes beyond superficial reconciliation.

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/