Re: New Pope on Darwinism - NO!

From: <RFaussette@aol.com>
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 12:15:40 EDT

In a message dated 4/26/05 9:42:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
oleary@sympatico.ca writes:
A fellow journalist advises me that Pope Benedict XVI has made the Catholic
Church's stand on Darwinism quite clear in his installation homily. (John
Paul II's views have often been misrepresented in this area.)
I also heard the pope's installation homily. Religionists must believe that
the products of evolution are NOT meaningless and casual lest they abandon
sanctity.
Benedict's comment does not clash with the late John Paul's comment that
evolution and religion are not in conflict. It simply says that the products of
evolution are NOT casual and they ARE meaningful. He did not say we are not
products of evolution. He qualified himself.

"We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution.
Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed, each of
us is loved, each of us is necessary."

rich