RE: definition of science

From: Alexanian, Moorad <alexanian@uncw.edu>
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 11:50:38 EDT

Let us not forget the experimental science component of historical sciences. There is no way a paleontologist can predict where a particular organism belongs without quantitative work indicating the dates of rocks. Of course, dating relies on the notion of time, which is clearly quantitative.

Moorad