RE: New Pope on Darwinism - NO!

From: Denyse O'Leary <oleary@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 11:30:05 EDT

Come ON, George!

B 16 is clearly signalling that he will make it more difficult to promote
naturalism by claiming that "the Pope supports evolution."

Groups like NCSE have been doing that for quite a while now. They seem to
have more dog collars than the Humane Society.

Here in Canada, I am seeing encouraging signs that Catholics are waking up
to what is being done in their name.

Recently, Fr. Martin Hilbert of the Toronto Oratory gave a talk at Ryerson
University in which he made perfectly clear that the Catholic Church does
NOT support Darwinism, and anyone who so represents it is, at best,
confused.

Years ago, I did not run into many Catholics who had that many smarts about
the key issues, but I am seeing more of them all the time.

Prediction: The number of Catholics interested in ID will spike.

Cheers, Denyse

--
Read brief excerpts from my book, By Design or by Chance?: The Growing
Controversy On the Origins of Life in the Universe (Augsburg Fortress, 2004)
at
http://www.designorchance.com/press.html
Study Guide:
http://www.arn.org/arnproducts/books/b088sk.htm
Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0806651776/qid=1109790930/sr=8
-1/ref=pd_csp_1/104-8617533-8799957?v=glance&s=books&n=507846
My blogs: http://www.christianity.ca/faith/features/weblog.html
http://cruxmag.typepad.com/sci_phi/
Denyse O'Leary
14 Latimer Avenue