RE: New Pope on Darwinism - NO!

From: Denyse O'Leary <>
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 11:30:05 EDT

Come ON, George!

B 16 is clearly signalling that he will make it more difficult to promote
naturalism by claiming that "the Pope supports evolution."

Groups like NCSE have been doing that for quite a while now. They seem to
have more dog collars than the Humane Society.
Here in Canada, I am seeing encouraging signs that Catholics are waking up
to what is being done in their name.

Recently, Fr. Martin Hilbert of the Toronto Oratory gave a talk at Ryerson
University in which he made perfectly clear that the Catholic Church does
NOT support Darwinism, and anyone who so represents it is, at best,

Years ago, I did not run into many Catholics who had that many smarts about
the key issues, but I am seeing more of them all the time.

Prediction: The number of Catholics interested in ID will spike.

Cheers, Denyse

Read brief excerpts from my book, By Design or by Chance?: The Growing
Controversy On the Origins of Life in the Universe (Augsburg Fortress, 2004)
Study Guide:
My blogs:
Denyse O'Leary
14 Latimer Avenue