Re: Non-truths that do not transform

From: gordon brown <gbrown@euclid.colorado.edu>
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 11:17:22 EDT

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005, Vernon Jenkins wrote:

> I trust you would agree that anything created by divine fiat ex nihilo (as strongly implied by the words of Genesis 1) must be fully functional from day one, and hence must inevitably assume an 'appearance of age'. Surely, to deny this is to question the capabilities of the Creator. So, if we believe in a God for whom nothing is impossible (Gen.18:14), how can we Christians deny the possibility of something being younger than it appears?

Vernon,

What is your definition of fully functional? Was the earth fully
functional in Genesis 1:2? If so, what is wrong with saying that the
universe was fully functional from day one?

How do you know what God would do? I decide by what He has done and by
what He has revealed to us in the Scriptures. Do you have other valid
methods? Scripture tells me that He is not a deceiver (Titus 1:2 and
Hebrews 6:18).

Gordon Brown
Department of Mathematics
University of Colorado