Re: ICR's ACTS & FACTS for May, 2005

From: Ted Davis <TDavis@messiah.edu>
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 10:45:32 EDT

When I see/hear/read Duane Gish, I can't help but see/hear/read him as a
modern Harry Rimmer. The only significant difference is the fact that Gish
has a genuine PhD (Rimmer had three honorary doctorates, one of them what my
pastor-father likes to call "Donated Dignity," ie, a D.D.) from a real
school (Berkeley). I believe that Gish modeled himself on Rimmer as a
debater, in the same way that Morris has openly said he has modeled his
career as a creationist on Rimmer. Many years ago, Ron Numbers interviewed
Rimmer's son, the novelist Brandon Rimmer; Brandon told Ron that his father
never won the debate, but always won the audience. Food for thought there.

ted