Re: Non-truths that do not transform

From: Iain Strachan <igd.strachan@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 03:16:19 EDT

Michael wrote:

> Vernon
>
> You continue to misuse Holy Scripture to attempt to demonstrate that we are
> under the influence of the Devil. You should apologise to all of us at once.
>
> If God created everything with the appearance of age then he must be the
> DEVIL, who you think we worship.

Michael,

Maybe my memory is incorrect, because I can't recally Vernon actually
saying you worshipped the Devil, but if you can show me _explicit_
evidence that Vernon has stated/believes that ASA members worship the
devil, then I agree entirely that Vernon should apologise abjectly to
the group. Vernon, I hope you are listening here, because if it's
true that you think the group worship the devil then indeed you are
guilty of the most serious and unpleasant slurs on the group who are
only, as Michael rightly says, trying to seek the truth.

But on the other hand if there is no evidence that Vernon has said or
believes the rest of the group worship the devil, then Michael should
be the one to apologise for nasty slurs - in the absence of such
evidence it would become clear that Michael is the one who is guilty
of ludicrous exaggerations in order to discredit Vernon.

But Vernon, I do seriously think you should tone down your rhetoric -
you are only antagonising people by what you do.

Michael, show me the evidence and I'll support your stand.

I'd also conclude that we all believe wrong things, and to believe a
lie is to be decieved by the Devil. That's an entirely different
matter to worshipping the Devil.

Iain

--
Those who can count and those who can't.