Re: Non-truths that do not transform

From: Vernon Jenkins <vernon.jenkins@virgin.net>
Date: Mon Apr 25 2005 - 16:51:17 EDT

Hi Christopher,

While we await Dr.D.James Kennedy's response to your letter let me press you a little regarding one of the matters raised. You wrote, "The real irony of YEC is that its proponents...often resort to some form of deceptive creation with the appearance of age."

I trust you would agree that anything created by divine fiat ex nihilo (as strongly implied by the words of Genesis 1) must be fully functional from day one, and hence must inevitably assume an 'appearance of age'. Surely, to deny this is to question the capabilities of the Creator. So, if we believe in a God for whom nothing is impossible (Gen.18:14), how can we Christians deny the possibility of something being younger than it appears?

As in our earlier exchanges you consistently refuse to accept the fact that - to be meaningful and truly productive - all discussions involving matters which raise questions concerning the Integrity and Authority of the Judaeo-Christian Scriptures must involve a consideration of the _supernatural_. Your being satisfied with the restricted light of methodological naturalism suggests you have little time for the cautions expressed in Eph.6:10-18 and 1Pet.5:8, for example. Is that, indeed, your position?

Vernon
www.otherbiblecode.com

PS By the way, you mustn't be misled by the bad press that _numerology_ has acquired over the years. In the hands of the Lord it can - and has - become a powerful Christian apologetic.