RE: definition of science

From: Alexanian, Moorad <alexanian@uncw.edu>
Date: Mon Apr 25 2005 - 09:42:04 EDT

Reality consists of both physical and nonphysical aspects. The physical
aspect is the subject matter of science and the data can be collected,
in principle, by purely physical devices. Of course, there are "things"
with both physical and nonphysical aspects, e.g., humans. There is no
problem with objectivity here since "physical devices" do not "lie."
Psychologists have to sort out which aspect of humans are they studying.
The human intellect sets up the equipment that automatically takes the
data, the subject matter of science. Subsequently, the human intellect
analyzes the data summarizes it in order to allow theories to be
developed.

Moorad