Re: definition of science

From: Terry M. Gray <grayt@lamar.colostate.edu>
Date: Sun Apr 24 2005 - 01:43:26 EDT

Not to nit-pick but I think we want to be saying that we "test
hypotheses about the past" not that we "test the past". I think that
is what Keith said originally...that we test...explanations. Such
tests are done with old and new observations. Experiments are
contrived situations that lead to additional observations, but they
are, fundamentally, observations of the natural (created) world
(physical world, Keith's phrase here, seems a bit limiting).

TG

--
Fort Collins, Colorado  80523