Re: lamenting lurker

From: gordon brown <gbrown@euclid.colorado.edu>
Date: Fri Apr 22 2005 - 18:38:42 EDT

Sheila,

I am not sure from what you have said whether you think that there is
still a chance to cancel Ken Ham's appearance. If there is, it would
almost certainly have to be a result of what people in the congregation
hosting him do. Is there anyone among them whom you can discuss this with?
I was once able to get a special speaker for my church to counter what was
contained in some ICR films that had been shown. I was also once able to
organize some letter writers in my church to get a talk by some lesser ICR
person canceled.

Assuming that Mr. Ham does come and receives press coverage in either the
secular or Christian publications, you might consider writing a letter to
the editor. I have been thinking about what I might write if I were in
such a situation. It would be something along the lines of "Don't blame
the Bible for Ken Ham's errors." There are areas in which his positions
can be contrasted with the Scriptures and also with revered defenders of
the Bible.

Gordon Brown
Department of Mathematics
University of Colorado