Re: lamenting lurker

From: Sheila Wilson <sheila-wilson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri Apr 22 2005 - 09:12:26 EDT

Good questions. I am the idealist who seeks God's truth above all because, when I seek His truth, I am seeking Him. He is Truth. Anything less is heresy. Unfortunately, I have a long history of believing and teaching heresy because my understanding of God is extremely limited. I still seek Him.

Sheila

RFaussette@aol.com wrote:
In a message dated 4/21/05 7:54:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Dawsonzhu@aol.com writes:
Sheila Wilson wrote:

>Ken Ham has invaded my home town of Tulsa, OK. &nbsp;He is presenting at one of our megachurches. &nbsp;The church has an excellent reputation, the Pastor is a great man of God and his wife is a great woman of God. &nbsp;I am saddened that Ken Ham will be getting that much publicity for his teachings.

It does seem that pastors can be pretty unaware of how
shocking and embarassing the YEC views are to scientifically
educated people (in particular). If is anything that
makes me wonder __why__ I go on being a Christian, it is
probably having to endure inane notions like YEC.
Can you address Ham's concerns? Can you scientifically support the morality he strives to maintain? Or do you believe that the morality is no longer important because of science? Does being a scientist mean you automatically move to the left and abandon the morality? Have any of you ever considered explaining the morality from a scientific point of view, and perhaps why it must be maintained? I think Ham's heart is in the right place with his words below, but he can't scientifically justify the morality so he rejects the science. He's afraid science DOES justify abandoning the morality. Does it?

“If Christian leaders have told the next generation that one can accept the world’s teachings in geology, biology, astronomy, etc., and use these to (re)interpret God’s Word, then the door has been opened for this to happen in every area, including morality.”

Ken Ham, A Young Earth – It’s not the Issue! (AiG-USA Newsletter) January 1998

rich faussette

Sheila McGinty Wilson
sheila-wilson@sbcglobal.net