Re: conscious existence after death?

From: Dick Fischer <dickfischer@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue Apr 19 2005 - 14:53:40 EDT
Hi Loren, you wrote:

Now consider dualism.  What abilities of a person still function, in
some sense, during the intermediate state?  We don't know for sure.
Consciousness?  Memory?  The ability to communicate and interrelate?  But
_before_ death, all of those functions rely on a working brain.

We are material beings and require a functioning, physical brain.  Spiritual beings such as the Trinity, angels, and demons have no material bodies and are still capable of thinking independently.  If they can do it, we should be able to do it in a non-material state.

Dick Fischer  - Genesis Proclaimed Association
www.genesisproclaimed.org