Re: Remarkable unity

From: Iain Strachan <igd.strachan@gmail.com>
Date: Sun Apr 17 2005 - 05:21:14 EDT

Jim,

I'm assuming that this is a gentle wind-up ;-)

Surely your figure of 1.0 depends on arbitrarily chosen units as energy
density is not a dimensionless value, like Reynold's number or the Fine
structure constant. So this number could indeed be anything you like
dependent on the units, e.g. if the standard units of mass, length and time
happened to have been ounces, years and furlongs, then I doubt if it would
come to unity. Or if humans had ended up with twelve fingers insteas of ten,
them I'm guessing that the metric system would be based on base 12 and all
the units would have been different as well.

Unless you are claiming that God inspired the SI units system, then the only
"interesting" thing I can see about this is that the three quantities are
approximately equal, but how close are they in reality?

I'd also like to point out that 1 is not by convention nowadays regarded as
a prime number.

What do you think about this "interesting result"?
Iain.

--
Those who can count and those who can't.