Re: numerologyand Aaron's breastplate: was : It's no joke

From: Vernon Jenkins <vernon.jenkins@virgin.net>
Date: Fri Apr 15 2005 - 18:32:31 EDT

Hi Don,

Of course, you make a valid point. However, the _implementation_ of the Lord's orders concerning the construction of the tabernacle and its furnishings (including the high-priestly vestments) - delegated to Bezaleel and Aholiab - is described in the _latter chapters_ of Exodus; and because the next Book, Leviticus, consists mainly of laws concerning offerings, tabernacle service and so forth, it is really not until we open the following Book, Numbers, that action is resumed. This implies that there could have been no great time span between the doings of Ex.40 and of Nu.1. Interestingly, the tribes that are numbered in this opening chapter include Manasseh and Ephraim, but not Levi or Joseph. Verses 47- 53 and 10 provide explanations for these omissions. Since the principal duty of the Levites was to manage the transport, setting up and subsequent dismantling of the tabernacle structure and its furnishings, it is surely reasonable to believe that this must have taken effect from _day 1_.

Again, regarding Joseph: you might consider Jacob's words on meeting his sons, Manasseh and Ephraim (Gen.48: 5, 6, 16 and 22). In particular, we read that Joseph is to receive "one portion above his brethren".

I therefore maintain that the breastplate arrangement which delivers the remarkable phenomena to which I am drawing attention is completely in accord with the scriptural data. Further, I suggest that the sum total of these features (including the links with Genesis 1:1) actually serves to confirm the chosen pattern.

Vernon
www.otherbiblecode.com