Religious WMDs to be dismantled

From: Carol or John Burgeson <burgytwo@juno.com>
Date: Fri Apr 15 2005 - 11:05:52 EDT

Religious WMD's will be dismantled at a conference at Bard College June
3-5

ANNANDALE-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. -- April 15, 2005 -- Weapons of mass
destruction do exist in Iraq. Indeed, they exist worldwide. But they
aren't the military hardware you might think. They are an arsenal of
individual and collective beliefs that proclaims, "My path is the only
right path to God."

Hundreds of people from around the world intend to locate and dismantle
those weapons in an international theological conference to be held at
Bard College, 90 miles north of New York City, June 3 through 5, 2005.

The conference, "Seeds of Transformation: Toward a Spiritual Renaissance
in a Time of Fundamental Change" (http://bard.humanitysteam.org), will
reveal a trend in which people around the world inspect the spiritual
weapons in their arsenal of beliefs, including ideas that we are "better"
than others, that we are separate from one another, and in particular
that God wants it only one way on this earth and that we had better get
it right or we are sure to be condemned.

The event is co-sponsored by the Institute of Advanced Theology at Bard
College (www.bard.edu/iat), and Humanity's Team (www.humanitysteam.org),
a nonprofit, pluralistic educational movement founded by the
"Conversations With God" author Neale Donald Walsch.

The price of attendance for all three days is $460.

For more information or to register, logon to
http://bard.humanitysteam.org or call (845) 256-1444.

Steve -- fyi.

Burgy