Importance of Creation Debate

From: Don Perrett <donperrett@genesisproclaimed.org>
Date: Thu Apr 14 2005 - 01:53:38 EDT

Hello All,

Since having join this list, I have heard and seen many instances where
people have stated that the debate over creation is pointless or
unnecessary; that time is better spent on other things. I certainly agree
that other things are important, but for those of you who hold the above
view, please can you explain the following passages:

Job 38

    4 "Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation?

    Tell me, if you understand.

    5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!

    Who stretched a measuring line across it?

    6 On what were its footings set,

    or who laid its cornerstone-

    7 while the morning stars sang together

    and all the angels [a] shouted for joy?

If the idea of proven the creation is not important to us, then why is it
important to HIM. It would seem to me that any god can say that he created
the universe. Are we to take it on faith alone that "our" God created it.
I am of the view that passages such as the above are intended specifically
to show that God himself is providing the proof.

Not to take out of context: "I'm right, and if you don't think I'm right,
just ask me and I'll tell you how right I am." (sorry Dave, I know this is
not what you meant by this statement)

I do not believe that God is stating the above. Therefore there must be a
reason for his statements to Job.

Anyone that can offer another reason for the statements of God please
enlighten me.

Don P