Re: Science vs. Theology

From: Vernon Jenkins <vernon.jenkins@virgin.net>
Date: Wed Apr 13 2005 - 17:00:13 EDT

Hi Brent,

It seems to me that in Mt.6:24 the Lord provides sensible guidance for all
who are concerned about the matter you raise. There he said, "No man can
serve two masters...". Now, for one like myself who regards the Bible as
_divine revelation_, I expect to find ultimate truth only in the Word of
God. Others, of course, in accepting Science as the dominant master, appear
to be able to live happily with a Book for which the term _Authoritative_ is
no longer appropriate.

I have no problem with God's gift of science and the positive technologies
that spring therefrom, but when those who practise it attempt to extract
_absolute truths_ from certain inferences vis-a-vis the distant past -
thereby calling into question what God has already declared - I say, No,
this is unacceptable. The prevailing attitude regarding the creation and
subsequent history of the earth appears to be that all of relevance that can
possibly be known, is known. This, of course, is sheer fiction; the most
obvious reason being that the _supernatural_ is ignored - despite the fact
that in Eph.6:10-18 the Apostle Paul warns Christians that in this life,
whatever our calling, we shall never be free from such unwelcome attention.
We therefore do well to constantly remind ourselves that one of the Enemy's
prime objectives in this _war_ is the destruction of the Scriptures and of
the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Vernon
www.otherbiblecode.com