Re: Mountains

From: <bpayne15@juno.com>
Date: Wed Apr 13 2005 - 01:10:56 EDT

Thanks for the correction, Don. It pays to check what we read.

Bill

attached mail follows:

>"The [Tibetan] Plateau is...higher than the highest point in the continental US - Mt. McKinley."
"...The Tibetan Plateau...is an area almost big as Europe with an average elevation of 4000 m (13100 ft)."<

Odd handful of USA mountain facts: Mt. McKinley (AK) exceeds 20000 ft. Mt. Whitney (CA), Mt. Shasta (CA) and Mt. Rainier (WA) exceed 14000 ft, as do a slew of peaks in Colorado.

Don