Re: BIBLE

From: <RFaussette@aol.com>
Date: Tue Apr 12 2005 - 07:22:44 EDT

In a message dated 4/11/05 9:02:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
wgreen8@god4science.com writes:
Dear members of the ASA,

I've been doing some reading on the ASA site site and thought you all might
be able to help me with this issue. If God created man via evolution, then
it would seem that much of what we call our sin nature is the result of our
evolutionary heritage. Lust and greed are displayed by animals. It is
possible that tendencies toward unselfishness and altruism may have also
evolved along with societies, since these qualities are more compatible with
civilized living than lust and greed. The Romans 7 struggle that we have
within ourselves between our sin nature and what we Christians call our "new
nature" would seem to be explained by these two opposing "instincts," both
inherited from our ancestors.

This would seem to do away with the Biblical notion of sin and righteousness,
and replace them both with instincts that arose from evolutionary expediency.

Is it possible that this view of sin and the Biblical view are compatible?

Thanks for your input.

Sincerely,

Bill Green
Yes, it is. I have a paper on the subject, if you'd like a copy, please write
and ask.
Best
rich faussette