"bathed in prayer"

From: Carol or John Burgeson <burgytwo@juno.com>
Date: Mon Apr 11 2005 - 13:37:31 EDT

Randy wrote, in part: "Perhaps we're bothered not by the =
presence of prayer, but by the potential misuse of prayer as a =
validation of the conclusions. And by the possibility of their using =
prayer as a call to victory rather than to a fair game.

I do hope that all our ASA meetings will be bathed in prayer as well. =
But I also hope that no one uses that prayer as a means of indicating we
=
have the "right" answer."

I appreciate that thoughtful commentary on the ICR's "bathed in prayer"
note. Yes, there are two kinds of prayer: (1) Oh Lord, show those other
people how wrong they are and how right we are, and (2) O Lord, we pray
for YOUR insight into these matters.

I attended a week long seminar by ICR in Dallas in 1988. The prayers
there were largely of the first kind (not entirely). The ICR folks were
uniformly courteous and friendly -- even Ken Ham. But they sure were sure
of themselves! <G>

Burgy

www.burgy.50megs.com/recent.htm

(recent additions to my website)