Re: Mountains

From: Joel Moore <redsoxfan1977@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Apr 11 2005 - 10:26:50 EDT

Bill, quick note about your assumptions on the Himalayas and mountain
bulding. Mountains don't just go straight up, they also build outwards
out. So the convergence of India and Asia has not only produced the
Himalayan mountains, it has also produced the Tibetan Plateau, which
is an area almost big as Europe with an average elevation of 4000 m
(13100 ft).