Re: Switch to a web forum rather than email

From: Rich Blinne <rich.blinne@gmail.com>
Date: Sat Apr 09 2005 - 17:19:54 EDT

On Apr 3, 2005 7:00 PM, Terry M. Gray <grayt@lamar.colostate.edu> wrote:

> For those who like a more "push" oriented list such as email, we
> could (not ready yet) use the RSS technology so that you could
> subscribe to the discussions to see what's new, etc.

 How about making this a Google group? I a member of both Yahoo and Google
groups, but I now prefer the Google version. It has a number of useful
characteristics:

   1. It allows for web access (with less advertising intrusion).
   2. It allows for e-mail subscriptions to those who would prefer that
   mechanism.
   3. It has RSS (Atom) feeds for both subjects and individual posts.
   4. It obscures e-mail addresses to help minimize spam harvesting.
   5. Its search mechnism is Google. 'Nuff said.