FW: Switch to a web forum rather than email

From: Don Perrett <donperrett@genesisproclaimed.org>
Date: Sat Apr 09 2005 - 15:11:48 EDT

Sorry went to Glen only.

-----Original Message-----
From: Don Perrett [mailto:donperrett@genesisproclaimed.org]
Sent: Saturday, April 09, 2005 15:11
To: 'glennmorton@entouch.net'
Subject: RE: Switch to a web forum rather than email

Pictures take up alot of disk space on any server/computer. Many isps limit
attachment size. And it can slow down posts for those using dial up. Of
course some forums do allow pictures, but limit the upload size. This too
can be done should we go to a web forum. Glen is right however, it would be
beneficial to have pictures when "necessary". Pictures can also help
non-believers in understanding and "agreeing" with the organization. Seeing
is believing.

For me, the biggest benefit to a web forum or archive is the exposure to
those not currently involved. Whether lurkers or just site visitors. The
problem with email to archive is disk size. Forum to email applications,
with a database on the backside, will save space and provide everyone with
more or less what they want.

Don P