RE: Switch to a web forum rather than email

From: Don Perrett <donperrett@genesisproclaimed.org>
Date: Sat Apr 09 2005 - 00:41:50 EDT

Hi Terry,

Not to object to the idea, but is it possible that those wishing to have
emails could do so, in addition to the web based. In other words, if the
web posting script would send a CDONTS or something out to the current list,
then those no longer wishing to be on the email list, could just
unsubscribe. They then could just go to the web to check out the posts.
Still leaving people like myself with the emails. Everyone would still have
to go to the website to POST, but would have emails for reference backups if
they desired. The ability to use them as an offline reference is helpful to
me. I have high speed cable right now, but some with dial up would probably
benefit from email even more. This is also good when sharing computer time
with family or co-workers. This would minimize the on-web time to just
downloading emails and then any time needed to respond to the postings of
choice, rather than the entire time needed to read each post.

Don Perrett