Re: Switch to a web forum rather than email

From: Terry M. Gray <grayt@lamar.colostate.edu>
Date: Sat Apr 09 2005 - 01:16:02 EDT

Hi,

I received 8 responses to my question. 6 of 8 favored the web forum
style. 7 of 9 if you count my vote.

I think it's worth a try--we will need to give it a month or so to
get used to it and then we can reevaluate. I'm hoping to incorporate
some features such as email or RSS notification of feeds. The
software I'm currently using has a "check for posts since I last
visited" feature that helps you track things.

I could also send out a daily email to the list with a link to forums
to help us transition.

As you all know, we've been averaging 20 or so posts per day.

Since we had such a small response, I'd like to allow for a bit more
discussion, this time on-list. If you feel strongly about it one way
or another (especially if you are against the idea), please post your
opinion. Let's try not to get bogged down on this topic with quips
and complaints but if you have a case to make one way or another
please do it.

I will also entertain a few questions about how it all works if
you've never used anything like this before.

TG

--
Fort Collins, Colorado  80523