From: Dale K. Stalnaker <>
Date: Thu Apr 07 2005 - 16:21:43 EDT

I have never met a flat-earther, but while I was a student at Cleveland
State University, I was shocked to find someone on the faculty who believed
strongly in a fixed earth in a geocentric universe. He was the advisor for
a fundamentalist-Christian (Baptist) group on the campus.

He advocated the Tychonian theory, that is, the moon and sun orbited the
earth while all planets orbit the sun.

At 02:41 PM 4/7/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>I meant to send this to the group, but it only went to Burgy
>>Consider over 100 Scriptures which confirm that the basis for rock-solid
>>belief in Jesus, Salvation, Heaven, or any thing else in the Bible
>>ultimately rests on acceptance of the literal six-day "evening and
>>morning" Creation Account as given in Genesis. Go (Web reference HERE),
>>read the introduction, as see why this is so....
>>Fantastic site!
>Burgy and all,
>Since you seem to be a connoisseur of this sort of lunacy, do you know of
>any serious flat-earthers? I wonder if there is any limit to what people
>will believe.
>Preston G.
>Preston Garrison, Ph.D.
>Biochem. Dept. MSC 7760 Insert the usual disclaimers here.
>7703 Floyd Curl Dr.
>San Antonio, TX 78229-3900

Dale K. Stalnaker
NASA/Glenn Research Center