Flat Earth

From: Carol or John Burgeson <burgytwo@juno.com>
Date: Thu Apr 07 2005 - 10:21:49 EDT

>>Ted,
Thirty five years ago I found a library book by a group that had been on
the West coast(I think) of
Florida. They made measurements and surveys along the beach with boards
perhaps around 1900, and found
that we live inside of a huge ball with the stars etc.in the middle above
us.
I've forgotton the details but I think it was in the vicinity of Tampa. I
wish someone could find the name of the book
and/or group.>>

That brought up an old (!) memory. I have seen that book, or possibly an
excerpt from it. The memory comes from when I lived in Tallahassee as an
FSU (Florida State University) grad student in 1954 or 1955. I think
there was a collection of "kooky" books like it in the FSU library.

There were five or so of us in the physics grad program then. We used to
have bull sessions in which we "analyzed" some of the more kooky claims
(including the young earth) and conjured up ways in which they mug ht be
true. Always some physical law or set of observations had to be ignored.

I was most proud of my own theory of anti-gravity. If only the
experiments had worked! <G>

Burgy