Re: Mithra

From: <RFaussette@aol.com>
Date: Wed Apr 06 2005 - 07:48:40 EDT

dickfischer@earthlink.net writes:
Please excuse my gross oversimplifications. However, I find it hard to
conceive where in the digestive processes wine might acquire the properties of the
Diety, or how natural procreation results in anything other than natural
babies. But I'm sure all the Scriptural referrences have been enumerated. Uh,
what are they?
But your explanation of transubstantiation is definitely an
oversimplification.
As for the immaculate conception, there is nothing unnatural about it unless
you resist the idea that an individual never sins in their lifetime. If you're
talking about virgin birth, that idea was created by Jews who sought to trace
Jesus' lineage to God. It is a way Jews look at their texts. Virgin birth
makes Jesus the literal son of God and literal king of the Jews. Believe it or
not, there is a rational explanation underlying these apparently fantastic ideas.

rich