Re: Mithra

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Wed Apr 06 2005 - 07:47:55 EDT

Dave - You've missed my point in a couple of ways. 1st, belief in the sacramental Real Presence doesn't mean that wine becomes the blood of Christ anywhere "in the digestive tract." Scriptural references for the Real Presence are, of course, Jesus' words "This is my body" & "This cup is the new covenant in my blood." Transsubstantiation is one way of trying to express that. As for the Immaculate Conception, I said I don't believe that, primarily because it has no biblical support. Please pay attention.

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/