RE: Mithra

From: Glenn Morton <glennmorton@entouch.net>
Date: Tue Apr 05 2005 - 06:35:05 EDT

The differences you describe pale in comparison with the differences
between Christianity and Buddhism etc. You have basically, in
microcosm, made my point about fideism. If belief is the only basis for
determining truth, rather than some observation, then clearly it is very
easy to fool oneself. In which case, refusing to risk that the Bible
might be false is quite reasonable because the answer is already known.