Re: It's no joke!

From: Michael Roberts <michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Mon Apr 04 2005 - 14:35:35 EDT

There is also the possibility that C14 is made through the presence of
Uranium - see Talk origins website.

In 1978 Woodmarappe gave a long list of anomalous ages - about 700 I think.
I check some of them as many came from the Geol Soc London 1964 book on the
Phanerozoic Timescale (many of which contributors taught me) After 50 or so
misrepresentations and no accurate reporting I gave up. I remember my anger
when I found my personal tutor misquoted on several occasions. I am afraid I
cant give chapter and verse as I did not note my findings , and it would
take many hours to note them all down again and then write them up properly.
(It takes a baby 2 seconds to puke over your best clothes, but a long time
to clear up the mess.) Glenn and Steve Schimmerich have had a go.

When you add this to misreps in the Genesis Flood on rad age dating , the
1801 Hawaiian lavas , alleged anomalous dates thrown up by Snelling et al,
and howlers in most YEC literature I at least begin to have some serious
questions about the integrity of YEC science. I might even go further but
the moral thought police will be on me like a ton of bricks.

It was much more fun when at University to witness leaders in the field of
rad age dating arguing and contradicting each other as they wrestled with
the problems. If anyone had flaws in their work someone else would soon find
them. One member of the staff was an evangelical and simply described YECs
who misrepresented rad age dating as ******* liars.

Just a puzzle for those on this list. Why do Tertiary granites from the Isle
of Skye, in Scotland give dates ranging from about 60my to hundreds of
millions and why do certain gneisses in Colorado give dates ranging from
about 60 to 1300my when different methods are used or if they are collected
in different places? Or as I heard my tutor Richard Lambert discussing way
back in the 60s why do Grenvillian rocks in Canada produce various ages from
about 400 to about 800 my?

Michael