Switch to a web forum rather than email

From: Terry M. Gray <grayt@lamar.colostate.edu>
Date: Sun Apr 03 2005 - 21:00:46 EDT

To the list:

It was been suggested that we switch from an email based discussion
group to a bulletin board style group.

ASA has been set up to do this for some time at
http://www.asa3.org/phpBB2/index.php under the heading ASA
Discussions.

Under the Faith-Science Discussion we can create multiple topics
(just like now) and keep on subject (not like now)--starting a new
topic when necessary--splitting topics when desirable--closing topics
sometimes, etc.

The forums themselves can flower as well--we could have major topics
as they "break out" such as origins, environment, psychology,
theology, etc. Different forums could have different moderators.

For those who like a more "push" oriented list such as email, we
could (not ready yet) use the RSS technology so that you could
subscribe to the discussions to see what's new, etc.

For now, I'd ask that you simply respond to me (not the list) with
your opinion on this and I'll report the results--then we can have a
further discussion if there's some interest in changing.

TG

--
Fort Collins, Colorado  80523