Re: Naturalisim

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. <dfsiemensjr@juno.com>
Date: Sat Apr 02 2005 - 13:06:34 EST

On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 07:28:44 +0100 Steven Carr
<Steven@bowness.demon.co.uk> writes:
> In message <20050401.213551.-1777419.3.dfsiemensjr@juno.com>, D. F.
> Siemens, Jr. <dfsiemensjr@juno.com> writes
>
> >> CARR
> >> SO this was God's chosen method of persuading Pharoah that Moses
>
> >> was
> >> from God - a stage magic trick that others could do?
> >>
> >> (I assume that is also how Moses did his trick?)
>
> >I see you are so opinionated that you can't tell the difference
> between a
> >head and a tail.
>
> CARR
> And when the Bible says that the Egyptian magicians turned a staff
> into
> a snake, your presuppositions simply rule out it as not true,
> although
> you were not there and have no evidence that they used stagecraft.
>
> But you have ruled out of court the idea that people can work
> miracles,
> so you say there is a naturalistic explanation for what the Bible
> claims
> happened.
>

> --
> Steven Carr

I doubt that I can spell this out clearly enough for you to understand,
given your responses earlier. But I make one last try. I noted that the
Egyptians had a technique for causing snakes to stiffen by grasping them
near the HEAD. That's a trick. Moses was told to throw down a wooden
staff and pick it up by the TAIL. That's not a trick. The Egyptians
pulled a TRICK. Aaron and Moses demonstrated a MIRACLE. The trick has a
naturalistic explanation, but the miracle does not. HOW DOES THIS RULE
OUT MIRACLES?
Dave