Re: CT article: Darwinists, not Christians, stonewalling the facts

From: Don Winterstein <dfwinterstein@msn.com>
Date: Fri Apr 01 2005 - 07:40:30 EST

Message
Glenn Morton wrote:

"...WE ARE IGNORED and there is nothing more damning than being ignored...."

Glenn, there are far worse things than being ignored; among them, not being true to God, and not being true to oneself.

If we think we have a superior vision of the truth, we must make our vision known. But if our witness is ignored, we have done our duty, and the problem of making the truth known then becomes God's, not ours. "If anyone will not ...listen to your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave...." Don't stay and browbeat.

Blame Martin Luther: before him, people (and RCs still) could just consult the pope if they wanted to know how to believe what. Protestants have put dominant emphasis on Scripture, and this has been practically the sole unifying force among them. Now some of us are trying to pry them loose from their rigid interpretations, and often we aren't having much success.

Part of the problem is that, once we abandon a literal interpretation of certain scriptures, there's no consensus on where to go. As a group we can't offer the kind of certainty that literalists seem to require.

Don