Re: Natural Evil (was: The Curse - Upon All Creation...?)

From: <drsyme@cablespeed.com>
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 14:33:50 EDT

I agree with everything that you say here. My contention
all along is that there is no curse upon all of creation
from the fall of Man. Creation was very good before Adam,
and remains very good. The work of Christ on the cross,
was to reconcile Man to God. There is no need for
salvation of creation.

Nevertheless, sinful Man has done his fair share to put
himself in harms way of these natural occurences, to make
it seem that God is either taking his vengeance out on Man
via natural disasters, or that God is sitting back and
allowing these things to ocurr seemingly randomly.

But, how much does our lifestyle, diet, sedentary
existence, allow things like oncogenes, and genes for
coronary artery disease, contribute to our susceptiblity
to them? How much does our tendency to reproduce lead to
poverty, unsanitary conditions, and overcrowding? How
often does our wealth lead us to build where we shouldnt,
and become vulnerable to hurricanes, etc.

Man was created to lived in a sheltered garden, in
communion with God and the tree of life. In that state
Man would have been immoral. Certainly, all of the other
things that you describe would have continued forever
outside the garden, and had been going on for millenia
before.