Re: The Curse - Upon All Creation or Just Mankind?

From: Sheila Wilson <sheila-wilson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 08:28:16 EDT

Yes, you are right in that the promise of seed time and harvest was given after the fall and after the flood. You are actually responding to someone else's response to my comments. I believe that seed time and harvest, day and night, summer and winter have all been in place for as long as man has.

The same is true about the animal/plant comments. The Bible does distinguish between animals and plants because animals have blood and plants don't. That does not, however, mean that animals did not die before the fall. Obviously, the Bible does not tell us whether animals died or not but the geologic record clearly indicates that animals died. Of course, YEC (young earth creationists) have their own version of why this happened. We all know insects are different than animals because most of them are gross!

Sheila

Michael Roberts <michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk> wrote:
v\:* { BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)}o\:* { BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)}w\:* { BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)}.shape { BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)}st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }

Hello Sheila,

The promise of seed time and harvest given in Genesis 8:22 was not only after the fall, but after the flood. I would interpret that passage to say that seed time and harvest will never cease as long as the earth endures from this time forward.

MBR

Are you also saying that there was no "cold and heat, summer and winter , day and night " before the Flood?

However, Adam and Eve would have eaten fruits and vegetables, and therefore harvested, prior to the fall. So there is no question that plant life died before the fall. But the Bible makes a distinction between plant life and animal life. It was animal life, or nephesh, to which I was referring.

MBR Who made up this idea of animal life (but not insects) being nephesh. This is wonderful eisegesis!

Sheila McGinty Wilson
sheila-wilson@sbcglobal.net